The use of paycards has grown over the last few years and even the skeptics have gradually joined the bandwagon. That’s all due to the many benefits that paycards come with. Among the most popular of these is the rapid! PayCard. It is basically a payroll card used by employers when paying the employees their wages. Also acts as a prepaid card that draws directly from the employee’s payroll account.
It works in a very simple way. An employer deposits an employee’s net wages into a payroll account. The latter then uses a rapid! PayCard to withdraw cash, pay bills, and make purchases. Once you have enrolled for a paycard, there is no need for paper paychecks. In fact, this card gives you access to your money the morning payday. All aspects of your expected wages including pay advances, awards, and bonuses will be available to you through your card.
The rapid! PayCard is a debit card, which essentially ties you down to spending the money you already have on the card. It doesn’t require you to have a credit check. You can use it at grocery stores, retail stores, gas stations, and ATMs.
Enrolling for a rapid! PayCard is simple and easy. The process can either be initiated by an employer or an employee. Regardless of who initiates the process, the rapid! PayCard application form is available with the employer free of charge. Employees get to fill in the form and submit it for processing. Within days, they will receive their rapid! PayCard, which they can now use to make purchases, cash withdrawals, and pay bills.
How Do You Activate A rapid! PayCard?
If you have just received a new rapid! PayCard, you need to set it up. If you don’t, you will not be able to use it. The same thing applies to the situation where you get a replacement card. You can do that by requesting a replacement card by calling: 1-888-727-4314 or asking your employer for one of the sealed envelope cards. To activate the card, you have to call the customer service number: 1-877-380-0980. It’s the agents work to link the new or replacement card to your account. After that, it will be activated.
How to Log In The rapid! PayCard System?
To log in to the rapid! PayCard system (Cardholder Login), you need a username or the card account number, together with a password. After you have entered this information, you will click ‘Login’, to open a page where your account information is displayed. After logging in, you will be able to make online payments and electronic funds transfer very conveniently.
How to Add Cash to a rapid! PayCard?
With a rapid! PayCard, you have a fully portable payment tool. Moving with it from one employer to another is very easy. It is not in any way tied to the employer who gave it to you. Apart from your salary, some of the funds you can deposit into the card include military pension, social security benefits, and any other payment you get via direct deposit. To view your direct deposit account number, you have to go to www.rapidfs.com. Alternatively, you can ask for it from the customer service representatives.
“You can load payroll direct deposits onto your rapid! PayCard® simply by giving your employer your card account and routing numbers.”
Benefits and Features
There are many reasons every employer should consider providing their employees with the rapid! PayCard. They include the following:
- Apart from being safe and secure, it is also hassle-free when it comes to collecting, managing, and spending your money. You don’t need to carry cash anymore.
- Cash held in the rapid! PayCard is more secure than hard cash. An individual can only steal from you if they know your login credentials. Without that, your money is very safe.
- It doesn’t require a credit check to be done on you. After all, it is a debit card which the employer can issue to you in an instant.
- You can use it anywhere the Visa and MasterCard debit cards are accepted. The import of that is you can make purchases virtually anywhere without worrying of being turned away.
- Point of sale (POS) purchase, given that it is a debit card. With it, you will be rewarded with cash-backs in some of the stores.
- You can request for a US post office money order using the card. You can then send it to whomever you need to.
- Electronic transfer to a bank account is also possible. You no longer have to withdraw cash to deposit it in a bank account.
- If you must pay for anything using a check, simply request for it and you will be given.
- Withdrawals can be done at all Allpoint ATM machines. The very first transaction after payday is free of charge while the subsequent ones will be subject to a small fee.
- Over-the-counter withdrawals are also possible at any bank that accepts Visa cards. This can be done virtually anywhere in the world.
What is the rapid! PayCard Fees?
The rapid! PayCard doesn’t have any enrollment fee. You don’t also have to pay for activation. Using this card also removes the necessity for a cashing fee. All the money deposits are done free of charge. The first withdrawal on payday at Allpoint ATMs is also free. After that, you will pay a withdrawal fee. Other ATMs will charge you a fee for all withdrawals. The same applies to the process of checking the account balance at the ATM.
Should You Apply for a rapid! PayCard?
If you are an employee who receives a paper paycheck every month, you should definitely get a rapid! PayCard. It will give you all the benefits of a prepaid debit card.
The rapid! PayCard is very beneficial to any of its holders. Having it in your hand is better than having cash.